Sheltering in the United States at a Glance:*
- About 6 million animals enter shelters every year.
- Approximately two million animals are killed.
- Roughly 30 million acquire a new companion animal every year.
- Only 1% of shelter animals are irremediably suffering.
- Over one million people live in communities saving between 98% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters (over two million saving at least 98% of dogs).
- Over 10 million people live in communities saving between 90% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- Over 50 million people live in communities saving at least 80% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
* courtesy of the No Kill Advocacy Center.
© 2015-2019 by Saving90.org. All rights reserved.
No Kill Progress: Communities With a 90%+ Placement Rate